The purpose of the Walter Hardy Memorial Fund (WHMF) Scholarship is to encourage the furtherance of education and honor the accomplishments of deserving student-athletes who have overcome challenges to achieve success in the classroom and competition.
For 2024, Two one time scholarships will be funded by the Memorial Fund. These scholarships are available for any student-athlete in Montgomery County Public Schools. The two most deserving applicants, as determined by our independent selection committee using the criteria below, will be selected.
To be eligible for the scholarship, the applicant must:
• be a graduating senior - Class of 2024
• have overcome some sort of significant life obstacle on their way to being a successful student-athlete
• have earned at least two varsity letters during their time in high school
• have achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.50
Applicants must submit ALL of the following items on or before May 1, 2024.
• a completed application (see attached)
• a copy of the letter of acceptance from the college/university of choice or
a written statement of post-high school plans
• an unofficial transcript
• a Statement of Achievements – athletic, academic, and community achievements
• Essay as described below
Please describe, in 200 words or less, the SIGNIFICANT OBSTACLE you have overcome to be a successful student-athlete while in high school, the personal traits you feel helped you overcome this obstacle, and what you learned from this.
Members of the WHMF scholarship review committee will review applications and supporting documents. The award recipients will be announced on the website: www.waltherhardy.org by May 20, 2024. Funds will be remitted to the school of each recipients’ choice and can be used for college tuition, or room & board. Funds will not be directly remitted to the recipients.
Applying for the scholarship can be done in multiple ways.
1. Click on the Google link below and complete the form, remember to attach or send an email to email@example.com with the necessary attachments.
Please open the form below and either fill it out electronically or print and hand write your responses. Please make sure to attach the necessary documents when you send to committee for review. Send all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2023 Walter Hardy Memorial Fund - All Rights Reserved.